10 things to watch during lockdown
We are all looking for something to help us get through the lockdown imposed due to the coronavirus pandemic, so from an ice hockey perspective we looked at what you can watch for entertainment
1. Great Britain against France – World Championships 2019
It should be at the top of the list, right?
The return, the drama, Seth Bennett trying to keep calm during one of the most memorable GB games we have ever seen. As for this climax, oh my …
2. Cardiff Devils against Sheffield Steelers – Elite League Play-off Final 2017
Everything is there, the full game in all its splendor. Never before have we seen a playoff final go double overtime and this one did. Arguably one of the best ice hockey games this country has ever seen.
3. Sutton Sting vs Billingham Stars – NIHL North Moralee Conference 2018/19
If you love a comeback and a drama that you may have missed, look no further as Billingham Stars completes an impressive feat while setting some defeat on the face. Wow!
4. Nottingham Panthers vs Sheffield Steelers – ISL 2001
Not that we tolerate this kind of thing, but when it comes to big fights on the ice, it doesn't get much better than this. And it was a cracker.
5. Braehead Clan vs Fife Flyers – EIHL Playoff Quarterfinals, Stage Two 2016
We only have ten places and although the first stage is just as entertaining, this second stage is one Fife Flyers remember fondly, because they were right about their old friends, Braehead Clan, to reach playoff finals at their expense
6. Hungary vs Great Britain – Division 1A World Championships – 2018
Of course GB had to reach the top and it was the game that made it. If France's match at Kosice belonged to Ben Davies, then this one was definitely that of Robert Farmer
7. Ritten Sport vs Nottingham Panthers – 2017 IIHF Continental Cup
For any British team to make in Europe is special, so it's only fair that we include the final match of the final group in 2017 when Corey Neilson Nottingham Panthers faced the Italian hosts Ritten Sport, needing to win the Continental Cup. You know the rest …
8. Ayr Scottish Eagles Grand Slam season 1997/98
One for the nostalgia fans out there and although the Ayr Scottish Eagles did not last long in the tapestry of British ice hockey, they won a memorable Grand Slam in 1998 and here it is in all its splendor.
9. Belfast Giants against Boston Bruins – 2010
Arguably the biggest exhibition game this country has ever seen when the NHL's great Boston Bruins faced the Belfast Giants and what an evening it was for the Doug Christiansen's team, which starred a certain Jade Galbraith.
10. When the Cardiff Devils were finally at the top of the tree again – 2017
It took Cardiff Devils 20 years to win the league and they did it to Sheffield Steelers which the media team assembled in a sporting manner this little package to commemorate a special evening and an achievement for Côté by Andrew Lord